Are they a placebo? Part 4
Over the years, I have used the remedies with great success, which would pretty much suggest that they are not a placebo.
I thought I’d share some compelling examples.
One day, my mother’s two year old dog suddenly collapsed and went limp for no apparent reason. She carried her into the bedroom where he lay listless on the bed.
I decided to give her four drops of Rescue Remedy, so I placed it in his mouth, and watched as she smacked her lips, and then fell into a deep sleep.
A couple of hours later, she woke up, and I gave her four more drops. She repeated the exact same smacking noise, and once again fell into a deep sleep.
When she woke up the third time, she was perfect fine, as though nothing had been wrong.
Now, I’m not a vet, and I can’t say what was wrong, or if she was going to get better on her own, but I have no doubt that those four drops sent her to a healing sleep. With the little I know about dogs, it would appear that dogs do go limp right before they die. Once again, it is speculation on if this would have happened, but healing certainly took place.
Another time, I came across a possum that was injured on the foot path. He or she as the case may be, was barely moving, and didn’t look all that healthy. As I carry a bottle of Rescue Remedy on me, I gave him a few drops. He seemed to recover within a minute, and was quickly gone.
I have used the Bach Flower Remedies on other animals and have had good results.
It’s reasonable to suggest that animals are not subject to the placebo effect.
Next: Personal healing
- Healing Depression Series: Bach Flower Remedies (BFR) – Are they a placebo? part 2 or why didn’t this remedy for terror heal my anger? (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- Healing Depression Series: Bach Flower Remedies (BFR) – Are they a placebo? part 1, or wait, this is just alcohol! (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- Healing Depression Series: Bach Flower Remedies (BFR) – Are they a placebo? part 3 or I should have got a modern fuse box installed. (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- Healing Depression Series: Bach Flower Remedies or Flower Power. (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- For Coping With The Stressful Scenarios Of 21st Century (bachflowertherapy.org)
- Depression Series – Anti-depressants or how depressing, they’re screwing me up. (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- Rescue Me from the Remedy (ifat80.wordpress.com)
- Healing Depression Series: You can cure depression or WTF! How dare you say that! (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
- Depression series – Empaths and Trauma or why am I clinically depressed? (xeraphax.wordpress.com)
Got your own experiences or comments? I’d love to see them.